1 person in custody after Etowah Co. homicide | News
ETOWAH COUNTY, AL (WBRC)- Etowah County authorities say a person is in custody tonight after a fatal shooting.
Jamey Brent Williams, 34, was found shot to death in front of his home in the Tidmore Bend community. He was in his car at the time.
Investigators spent Friday processing the car and the front yard for evidence and interviewing neighbors. Witnesses say they heard gunshots around 6:30 a.m. Friday.
Deputies got the call around 9:30 a.m. after Williams failed to show up for work. Sheriff Todd Entrekin says some of Williams employers went to his house to check on him and found him in his car.
No charges have been filed yet in the case.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- I-20 lanes reopen after tractor trailer fire in St. Clair County
- Vestavia Hills attorney arrested on theft charges after returning to U.S.
- Scholarship honors memory of St. Clair Co. teen killed in car wreck
- Lanes reopened after 18-wheeler turns over on I-20
- Pell City, Riverside consider Sunday alcohol sales