Mother and daughter report being robbed by daughter's boyfriend | News
GADSDEN, AL (WBRC)- A 29-year-old woman and her mother gave separate reports to police about being robbed by the same man, the daughter's 21-year-old boyfriend.
The daughter told police her boyfriend came to her home in the 800 block of Raley Street around 4 p.m. Friday, May 17 and demanded money. When she refused, the man beat her and stole $200 in cash and a cell phone before leaving the scene, according to Gadsden police.
The victim was treated at Gadsden Regional Medical Center for her injuries. In her report, she told police that no one else was home when it happened.
Police are also investigating a separate report filed by the woman's 55-year-old mother. The mom told police that she was present during the robbery and that her daughter's boyfriend robbed her of $80 in cash. The mother also told police the man choked and shoved her. Police say the mom drove to a different location and called police.
The investigation into both cases is ongoing. Police have not named or charged a suspect in the case.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities investigate 8 school burglaries in four-county area
- FBI searches for suspect in St. Clair County bank robbery
- I-20 lanes reopen after tractor trailer fire in St. Clair County
- Vestavia Hills attorney arrested on theft charges after returning to U.S.
- Scholarship honors memory of St. Clair Co. teen killed in car wreck