Gadsden man dies in wreck during police chase | News
GADSDEN, AL (WBRC)- A motorcyclist being chased Glencoe police officers through Gadsden crashed and died in a wreck Sunday night, Gadsden officials say.
Gadsden police report that Otis Jamaar Adams, 26, was being chased by Glencoe officers on Sunday, March 3. Glencoe officers said the motorcycle Adams was driving was going 100 miles an hour before colliding with a Honda SUV. Glencoe Police picked up the chase after the cycle barely missed one of their patrol cars.
Witnesses told police that Adams was heading west on East Meighan Blvd. when he ran a red light at North 3rth St. and hit the Honda SUV as it was turning left into a shopping plaza. The wreck happened around 7 p.m.
Captain Bobby Jackson said Adams was pronounced dead at Gadsden Regional Medical Center.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- I-20 lanes reopen after tractor trailer fire in St. Clair County
- Vestavia Hills attorney arrested on theft charges after returning to U.S.
- Scholarship honors memory of St. Clair Co. teen killed in car wreck
- Lanes reopened after 18-wheeler turns over on I-20
- Pell City, Riverside consider Sunday alcohol sales