Gadsden-area sex offender arrested for not registering place of residence | News
GADSDEN, AL (WBRC)- Etowah County deputies have arrested a Gadsden man for failing to verify his place of residence, with authorities.
Rickey Davonn Williams, 45, is being held at the Etowah County Detention Center on a $2,500 property bond.
"Williams is charged
with failure of a sex offender to verify place of residence, which is a
felony," Investigator Jason Argo said in a press release. "The charge is also known as
failure to comply with the community notification act."
Williams was allegeldy living at a residence not on file with authorities. This was discovered when deputies conducted a monthly random check on sex offenders in the county. Williams was arrested at his place of work.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities investigate 8 school burglaries in four-county area
- FBI searches for suspect in St. Clair County bank robbery
- I-20 lanes reopen after tractor trailer fire in St. Clair County
- Vestavia Hills attorney arrested on theft charges after returning to U.S.
- Scholarship honors memory of St. Clair Co. teen killed in car wreck