Etowah County man charged in jewelry thefts | News
ETOWAH COUNTY, AL (WBRC)- Etowah County investigators have charged an Albertville man suspected of stealing jewelry from a home in Altoona.
The Etowah County Sheriff's Office says Terry David Shook, 43, broke into a home on Robin Branch Road on Dec. 14, 2012 and stole several pieces of jewelry. Officials say the homeowner got a glimpse of the suspect's shadow as he was leaving the house through the back door.
Some of the pieces of jewelry were later recovered at a pawn shop in Marshall, but not all of it.
The sheriff's office says Shook is charged with one count of second degree theft of property and one count of third degree burglary. He is already in custody in Marshall County on unrelated charges, but will be transported to the Etowah County Detention Center. His bond is set at $5,000.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities investigate 8 school burglaries in four-county area
- FBI searches for suspect in St. Clair County bank robbery
- I-20 lanes reopen after tractor trailer fire in St. Clair County
- Vestavia Hills attorney arrested on theft charges after returning to U.S.
- Scholarship honors memory of St. Clair Co. teen killed in car wreck