Police: Man shot in the head in Gadsden moved to UAB for treatment | News
GADSDEN, AL (WBRC)- Gadsden police are investigating a shooting that left a 22-year-old man injured with a gunshot wound to the head. Police responded to an assault call in the 1400 block of Eastview Avenue around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 7.
Once on the scene, police officers found the victim, identified as Brandon Hale, lying face down and suffering from a serious head wound. Medics treated him at the scene and he was taken to a local hospital. Doctors at the hospital said Hale's wound was from a gunshot.
Gadsden police say Hale spoke with them about the shooting before he was taken to UAB for more treatment. The case is still under investigation.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities investigate 8 school burglaries in four-county area
- FBI searches for suspect in St. Clair County bank robbery
- I-20 lanes reopen after tractor trailer fire in St. Clair County
- Vestavia Hills attorney arrested on theft charges after returning to U.S.
- Scholarship honors memory of St. Clair Co. teen killed in car wreck